Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Accounting Specialist, Manufacturing
|Duties / Responsibilities
We have an immediate need for a Full Time Accounting Specialist.
Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:00AM to 4:30PM
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the timely completion of the month-end financial close in accordance with Key process checklist and including accurate preparation of journal entries.
- Assist in preparation of balance sheet account reconciliation and ensuring timely reconciliation of Bank and CC accounts.
- Provide financial information, analysis and support to various stakeholders (Plant Manager, Plant management team, and Sales team) as required.
- Understanding and experience in handling Government filings specially HST/GST/WSIB/EHT.
- Maintain Fixed assets accounting and ensuring timely calculation of depreciation and annual fixed asset audit.
- Invoicing - Completion of customer invoicing after shipment or pick-up, including calculating applicable freight charges using weight/rate tables.
- Ensuring processing of AP to track invoices for maintaining payment terms current.
- Ensuring processing and review of AR and entering Sales orders, confirming with respective salesperson & produce sales orders in Sage.
- Apply customer receipts in Sage. Enter Vendor PO & produce purchase orders in Sage.
- Forward the Vendor POs to vendors & follow up enter stock material into Inventory spreadsheet.
- Enter sales information into Sales spreadsheet – Enter order #, customer name, sell price, cost of material.
- Processing Credit Card/Debit card Transactions – Using handheld terminal where applicable.
- Effectively communicate with AR/AP customers and other external/internal stakeholders.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling GL, Customers and vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Undergraduate degree preferably enrollment in a recognized accounting program or work-related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of General Ledger, A/P and A/R Applications
- knowledge of Excel, Word; SAGE 50 will be an asset.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), inter-personal and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and attain objectives with minimal supervision.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $52,000.00-$58,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
||65 K to 70 K + Bonus Plan & Benefit Package
|Tell A Friend