Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, Nunavut, Fly In/Fly Out
||Permanent or Direct Contract
|Duties / Responsibilities
- Qualifications: Certified Heavy Equipment Mechanic Off-Road Earth Moving Equipment (421A) plus 5 years' experience in maintaining and repairing vehicles and equipment. Must be willing to be qualified to operate vehicles containing hazardous materials. Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must.
- Special Requirements: Must be eligible for ENHANCED RELIABILITY security clearance, and must pass a company pre-employment medical. Must possess a valid passport.
- Location: CFS Alert is a military station located on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island in Nunavut.
- Responsibilities: Maintaining and servicing all vehicles and equipment. Performing all first and second line repairs, inspections and preventative maintenance to all vehicles. Performing as required on-site repair services.
- Compensation and Benefits: The Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic role is Fly-In Fly-Out scheduled on 8X8 rotations (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site).
Salary rate is $42.05 - $44.26 per hour depending on qualifications and experience plus $3.50 Northern Living Allowance (NLA) per hour worked. Salary is paid monthly.
Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week with overtime on short notice.
6% vacation pay in addition to the annual salary amount.
Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits, and receive company pension plan payments.
All travel expenses paid.
Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site.
Site includes recreational facilities, including gym, work out equipment.
Outdoor activities, woodworking shop, hobbies and clubs.
||$42 - $44 per hour plus $3.50/hr NLA (for 26 working weeks per year)
|Tell A Friend