Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Boiler Mechanic, Nunavut, Fly In/Fly Out
Red Seal Oil Burner Mechanic OR
Oil Heat Systems Technician Certification
Power Engineer Class 5 or higher is an asset
|Duties / Responsibilities
- Qualifications: 5+ years' experience on oil-fired burners, oil-fired boilers, hot water heaters, forced air furnaces, incinerators and unit heaters. Riello RL Burner experience is an asset. Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must.
- Special Requirements: Must be eligible for ENHANCED RELIABILITY security clearance, and must pass a company pre-employment medical. Must possess a valid passport.
- Location: CFS Alert is a military station located on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island in Nunavut.
- Key Accountabilities:
- Operate the heating system to provide heat and hot water to the station, including resolving outages
- Perform preventative maintenance on the low-pressure steam/hot water heating systems and on the controls
- Respond to critical equipment failure and conduct repairs on all applicable equipment
- Implement the Heating System Preventative Maintenance Plan
- Employees may be requested to participate in fire brigade duties; full training and additional compensation would apply
- Compensation and Benefits: The Boiler Mechanic role is Fly-In Fly-Out scheduled on 8X8 rotations (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site). Salary rate is $44.26 per hour plus $3.50 Northern Living Allowance (NLA) per hour worked. Salary is paid monthly. Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week with overtime on short notice. 6% vacation pay in addition to the annual salary amount. Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits, and receive company pension plan payments.
All travel expenses paid. Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site. Site includes recreational facilities, including gym, work out equipment. Outdoor activities, woodworking shop, hobbies and clubs.
||CFS Alert, Nunavut
||$59,000-62,000 per annum (based on 26 working weeks)
|Tell A Friend