Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Lead Machinist - Days - Mississauga
- Licensed Machinist an asset but not a requirement
- Completion of vocational training or a relevant apprenticeship program preferred
- 10 years+ experience as a Machinist
- Experience using and programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, mills, grinders, etc.)
- Experience with Mazak and Mazatrol programming
- Experience with Mastercam
- Ability to use prevision tools (i.e calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
|Duties / Responsibilities
- Lead a small team of machinists to schedule work and ensure throughput from the machine shop is optimized
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of components being manufacturing
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (i.e lathes, mills) and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine, etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
||up to $40/hr dep. on exper.
|Tell A Friend