Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Senior Estimator, Structural Steel
Degree in Business, Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS)
|Duties / Responsibilities
The Sr. Estimator will have in-depth knowledge and experience of steel fabrication and installation processes.
The Estimator will be fluent in mathematics and accounting, with in-depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation systems. In addition to being an excellent communicator, candidates should also be detail orientated with outstanding organizational skills. Your central goal will be to prepare accurate estimate reports for projects by gathering information, analyzing important metrics, and conducting regular risk assessments.
- Ability to perform take-offs with speed and accuracy
- Collect quotes from subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers to inform cost estimates.
- Analyze company data, monitor budgets and prices using software packages to establish cost estimates.
- Review and assess cost estimates to ensure they are current.
- Identify labor, material, costs and time requirements by researching proposals, blueprints, and any related documents.
- Download project plans and specifications
- Site visits as necessary to determine access and site conditions
- Apply for Ironworkers Market Recovery Fund
- Prepare detailed cost estimate including the tender letter with terms and conditions.
- Prepare Bid Bond applications if necessary
- Submit tender according to bid instructions
- Conduct risk assessments to account for regular and elevated risk factors (weather, schedule, special material or labor requirements).
- Follow the project to ensure that expenses follow the forecast plan.
- Prepare detailed reports for owners and management to inform future estimating.
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) or Construction Estimator Certificate (CSC) or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ as a Structural Steel Estimator or similar role.
- Outstanding mathematics.
- Proficient in relevant software including MS Office Suite, Bluebeam, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
Must own vehicle to travel to construction job sites and meetings.
||South Central BC
||80 to 90 K
|Tell A Friend