Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
Engineering Degree, Manufacturing
|Duties / Responsibilities
The Process Engineer provides key technical support to manufacturing through;
- Using engineering methods to investigate, analyze and upgrade manufacturing processes, methods, technology, and/or equipment in order to maximize production efficiencies, reduce costs and improve product quality.
- Development and deployment of technology that supports improved processes understanding and product innovation.
- Optimization of process controls with consideration of value contribution.
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives such that they become entrenched in the company’s culture and operations.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: Partnering with internal customers to improve production processes & process knowledge of operators.
- Utilization of SPC and advanced problem solving tools and the delivery of education and competency to colleagues.
- Standardization of work.
- Managing resources appropriately to develop specialized knowledge that impacts product quality and efficiency.
- Design and implementation of adopted cost savings suggestions relative to processing and/or plant equipment.
- Work collaboratively with internal customers, engineering, commercial teams on new product development projects and their implementation within operations. This could include the commissioning of capital assets in conjunction with Project Leaders and others.
- Liaise with all parties to co-ordinate project scheduling and execution.
- Actively participate and support all safety initiatives within the manufacturing location.
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Degree in Engineering relatable to Manufacturing.
- Solid knowledge of statistical process control and its application, project management, time management and computer programming tools (Solidworks, Auto CAD, Excel, Word, Minitab, ERP).
- Experience with Continuous Improvement.
- Other skills required: teamwork, collaboration, planning, organizing, customer service orientation, analysis, problem assessment, problem solving, innovation, and creativity.
||75 to 80 K
|Tell A Friend