Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Process Engineering Automation Specialist
Applicable Training for Solid knowledge of Industrial Automation
|Duties / Responsibilities
The Process Engineering, Automation Specialist provides key engineering technical support to manufacturing through:
- Using engineering methods to investigate, analyze and upgrade Production Processes, technology, equipment and methods in order to maximize and upgrade production efficiencies, reduce cost and improve product quality.
- Technology design and development for new processes and product innovation.
- Optimization of process controls using state of art technology.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: Partnering with internal customers to improve production processes through design and implementation of upgrades to processes and equipment. Responsible for managing appropriate resources to develop specialized details of engineering design and for implementation of projects following approval.
- Work collaboratively with R&D, commercial teams and manufacturing customers on a new product sourcing / implementation.
- Utilization of SPC and advanced problem solving tools and the delivery of education and competency to colleagues.
- Standardization of work.
- Start and manage multiple simultaneous projects to successful completion with minor supervision.
- Commissioning of engineering projects, including supervision of contracted services.
- Managing resources appropriately to develop specialized knowledge that impacts product quality and efficiency.
- Design and implementation of adopted cost savings suggestions relative to processing and plant equipment.
- Liaise with all parties to coordinate project scheduling and execution.
- Actively participate in and support safety initiatives within the manufacturing location.
- Investigation of new / breakthrough production processes and development of process and equipment improvements.
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Specialized knowledge of automation.
- Solid knowledge in process control, project management, time management, PLC programming, robotic programming, (ABB, preferred) and automation integration.
- Computer skills.(AutoCAD, Solid Works, Excel, Word, ERP).
||North Western Ontario
||70 to 85 K
|Tell A Friend