Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Mechanical Design Technologist - Georgetown
- Post-secondary education in engineering (Degree or Diploma), Mechanical preferred
- Proficient in Solid Works design software
- 3 yrs+ design experience in mechanical / manufacturing field
- Strong mechanical problem solving skills
- Experience with 3D printing and slicing software such as Ultimaker Cura, 3D Sprint, etc.
- Experience using finite element analysis (FEA) or similar engineering design software
|Duties / Responsibilities
- Support design / development of new products
- Create / edit drawings, assembly instructions and design jigs/fixtures
- 3D modeling using Solid Works – conceptual design, prototyping optimizations, shop drawings, revision maintenance, etc.
- Prepare detailed model concepts from rough design ideas for development of new products
- Assist in the development of engineering models, experimental prototypes, test set ups, working from sketches, rough outlines or verbal instructions and making required engineering calculations
- Design jigs / fixtures to aid assembly process
- 3D print prototype parts, jigs / fixtures on FDM and/or Resin Printer
- Create, revise, and organize production drawings and documentation to support manufacturing
- BOM administration and maintenance
- Create / Edit Assembly instructions
|Tell A Friend