Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Engineering Manager, Steel Fabrication
Bs. Mechanical Engineering
|Duties / Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the engineering and detailing activities of all projects through engineering and detailing contractors to complete fabrication ready shop drawings.
- Participate in execution plan and constructability study development and review.
- Collaborate with estimating to review major project bids, to help ensure that the scope is fully accounted for within project estimates.
- Collaborate with project managers and production team to ensure fulfilling project requirements and delivering a quality product.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of structural and plate work steel fabrication, design/connections, and modularization and erection practices.
- Knowledge of welding processes, welding equipment and metallurgy.
- Ability to read and interpret general arrangements and fabrication drawings and able to visualize and maintain a mental picture of the product from reading the drawings.
- Strong understanding of the steel fabrication codes: CSA S16, CSA W59, CSA W47.1, AWS D1.1, ISO 9001
- Understanding of advanced fabrication work packaging and project execution planning.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and its application for preparing work packages for most effective routing and fabrication.
- Experience in all Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Tekla EPM.
- Effective communicator who can foster and maintain good customer and vendor relationships, managing them through difficult situations as they arise.
- Strong English, written and verbal.
- Able to lead and motivate teams.
- Champion the company’s Safety Policies and Standards.
Direct reports: Contract Engineers & Detailers, Detailing Coordinator, Document Control, Programmer.
Report to: Managing Director
||Saskatchewan or Edmonton AB
||110K to 130K
|Tell A Friend