Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Heavy Duty Mechanic, off road equipment
Certified Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
|Duties / Responsibilities
Heavy-Duty Mechanic/Journeyman/Shop Foreman
- Certified Journeyman Heavy-Duty Mechanic
- Extensive background and knowledge pertaining to the make-up and repair of Heavy-Duty, Off-Highway Equipment.
- Mandatory areas of expertise to include the following technologies
- Diesel Engines
- Power shift Transmissions
- Planetary Final Drives and Differentials
- Hydraulic / Hydrostatic Drive Systems -
- Machine Electrical Systems
- Torsion Bar Suspension and Track Systems
- Ability to communicate with mechanical and welding staff as well as management
- Prepared to take responsibility for all functions in mechanical and welding shop conversant with todays’ welding and fabricating procedures
- Inspect and diagnose mechanical condition of machine and components
- Repair mechanical problems on machines
- Ability to take charge and to allocate, assist and oversee repair and assembly of machine and/or components with other mechanics (including apprentices)
- Oversee welding projects with welding personnel
- Take charge of all inspection reports
- Discuss customer problems with company Product Support/Sales Personnel or Direct with Customer.
- FUTURE TASKS - As Shop foreman (After 6 months employment)
- All initial tasks listed above
- Participate in design and recommendation discussions for future machines.
- Participate in component and machine costing procedures and reviews
- Allocate and oversee all mechanical and welding projects
- Estimate repair/assembly timetable for components and machines.
||$36. per hr. start to $38. per hr.
|Apply | Tell A Friend