Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Industrial Electrician 442A or 309D, Fixed Day Shift
Certified Ontario or Interprovincial
|Duties / Responsibilities
- Report any safety hazards immediately to Maintenance Manager / Lead Hand / Plant Manager immediately.
- Ensures and abides by Lockout procedures at all times including using lockout procedures at all times including using Ram Block when press is being cleaned or repaired.
- Ensures and abides by Guarding procedures at all times.
- Adhere to Forklift Pedestrian guidelines at all times.
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and equipment.
- Trouble shoots and maintains plant and production equipment which includes hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Repairs and replaces electric and electronic components such as motors, contactors, relays, timers, any kind of switches, sensors, PLC’s, light curtains, motor controls, etc.
- Runs new power supply lines to new and relocated equipment according to Hydro Codes and other applicable standards and regulations.
- Wires new control panels according to drawings and verbal instructions under consideration of Hydro Codes and other applicable standards and regulations.
- Uses different PLC programming devices including software to modify and to read logic control programs.
- Helps to maintain adequate hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic spare part inventory levels in stock room.
- Responsible for entering work data information accurately and in a timely fashion in Maintenance Tracking system.
- Responsible for escalation of problem jobs to leadhand / Maintenance Manager / Plant Manager.
- Informs the Asst Maintenance Manager / Lead Hand / Plant Manager & other team members about changes in electric circuits and updates the original diagrams.
- Listens to information, experiences and knowledge passed on by previous shift maintenance employees, to ensure effective, non-repetitious problem solving and machine repair.
- Passes on information, experiences and knowledge to other maintenance associates in regards to repair jobs, preventive maintenance, problem symptoms, etc. which he/she got involved with during his/her shift.
- Stores equipment and tools properly when not in use.
- Ensures work area and machines are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring floor around work area is kept cleaned at all times and free from oil and other tripping hazards.
- Maintains and takes owner ship in work order and preventive/predictive maintenance system by filling in the required forms and enter data into the computer (Maintenance Tracking System).
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance on production and production supporting equipment as outlined in the individual work instructions.
- Supports production in all areas to minimize production delays.
- Works in a cost effective manner and maintains a high standard of quality and excellent workmanship at all times.
- Remains objective and open to new systems which may occasionally be introduced within the company or department.
- Ensures that the Assist Maintenance Manager / Leadhand / Supervisor Manager is kept informed on any unusual circumstances regarding faulty designs, unsafe conditions, missing parts, etc.
- Responsible for informing Asst Maintenance Manager / Lead Hand / Plant Manager of shortage of consumables for repairs
- Participates in all areas of lean manufacturing.
- Performs overtime as required to meet customer demands.
- Is expected to be available for summer and winter shutdowns to perform repairs and jobs which can only be done repaired during shutdown. Job Requirements
- Valid Ontario Electrician License (442A or 309D) with knowledge of applicable electrical codes
- Minimum of three years as a Licensed Electrician in an automotive environment preferably stamping and welding robotics
- Working knowledge of electric circuitry consisting of relays, PLC logic (i.e. Allen Bradley, Omron)
- Knowledge of technical controls and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Excellent teamwork
||$35. + per hour
|Apply | Tell A Friend