Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
Ontario Industrial Mechanic License 433A
|Duties / Responsibilities
- Must have full set of metric standard tools.
- Exposure with mechanical devices, pneumatic controls and welding/cutting.
- Must have at least 3 years; experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to work shifts as well as some extended hours and weekends.
- Must have interpersonal, problem solving & trouble shooting skills.
- Days (7am-7pm) ;Nights (7am-7pm)
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, and straightedges.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary. Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds on a routine basis.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand 70-90% of the shift
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
|Apply | Tell A Friend