Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Field Service Technician / Parts Specialist / Bi-lingual
Grade 12 and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Duties / Responsibilities
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Support product line by participating in customer startups, performing repair work, making parts sales and service courtesy calls.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Start-up Support
- Inspect the supplied equipment to ensure installation and safety compliance
- Perform startup procedures in accordance with relevant checklist
- Conduct acceptance testing
- Conduct performance testing
- Train customer personnel on operation and maintenance of machine
- Billable Service Work
- Perform maintenance repairs and inspections
- Perform machine conversions and upgrades
- Conduct maintenance, operations and safety seminars
- Perform machine tune-ups and adjustments
- Perform safety inspections
- Courtesy Calls
- Make courtesy calls to build and maintain good customer relations and promote parts and machine upgrade sales
- Provide product updates information to customers
- Make warranty repairs as required
- Internal Support
- Provide technical assistance to customers by telephone or other mediums
- Provide technical assistance to capital sales and parts department when requested
- Accompany capital sales representatives on customer calls and presentations
- Conduct R&D testing
- Assist with set up and removal of exhibits at trade shows
- Maintain good interdepartmental communication and collaboration
- Write field service reports and provide to service manager
- Complete time sheets and expense reports for billing
- Prepare startup, inspection, and safety reports
- Education and/or Experience
- Grade 12 and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years customer service experience
- Knowledge of the forest product industry is advantageous
- Qualified in a trade or equivalent experience
- Proficient understanding of Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Electrical Systems as they relate to Products
- Able to read and understand blueprints, bills of materials, engineering drawings
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite and CRM / ERP type programs
- Proficiency in PLC programming, functionality and troubleshooting as related to company Products is a preferred asset.
- Language skills
- Bilingual – French and English
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lead training sessions in a classroom environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Up to 80% travel on the road; may cover any work shift.
- Customary home office and mill site working conditions.
||Competitive salary + Benefits
|Apply | Tell A Friend