Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Fabrication welder, Repair
|Duties / Responsibilities
Welder / Fabricator
- TIG and MIG welding : TIG welding will be with material thickness ranges from 20 ga to 10 ga stainless steel and 10 ga to 1/4” aluminum ; MIG welding will be with material thickness ranges from 10 ga to 1/4” stainless steel, aluminum and mild steel
- ability to utilize oxy-propane torch and plasma machine for cutting apart old material
- ability to utilize all hand tools : wrenches, grinders, measuring tools, air tools
- ability to fabricate trailer frames, piping components, handrail assemblies on transport trailers, light boxes, cabinets
- experience with hydraulic shear, brake press and iron worker to cut, bend and fabricate parts for the job being worked on
- 310J or 310T trailer mechanic license an asset
- Duties will include the following: dismantling of trailers, torch/plasma cutting, grinding and preparation of trailer being worked on, material cutting to size, fabricating, fit-up, welding, aligning suspension/axles assemblies, installing trailer components to complete a trailer re-build, cleaning of work area, helping others
We will also introduce the candidate to Transport Tank Testing and repairs, which at times will involve repairing and/or altering the tank vessel and components on the tank.
Must have their own basic tools – 4” grinder electric, 3/8” air drill, hand wrench 1/4” up to 1-1/8”, 1/2” air impact gun, 3/8” ratchet set, 1/2” impact sockets 7/16” up to 1-1/8”, side cutters, measuring tape, small hammer, tool box – nothing too extensive, just to house their tools.
||28.00 to 32.00 per hour
|Apply | Tell A Friend