|SEARCH CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Quality Control Technician, Steel Fabrication
|Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Quality Manager (or Designate) has the responsibility for Inspection activities, ensuring that quality requirements are met and documented in accordance with the quality manual. Collaborates with management to help direct, co-ordinate, and control quality activities in the shop.
- Inspects materials, and workmanship within the shop and at sublet vendors for conformance to quality standards, specifications, and dimensional requirements.
- Inspects / checks in-shop layouts and fit-ups of parts on / to fabricated assemblies, per drawings.
- Initiates non-conformance reporting, fills and files reports, and conducts follow-up based on disposition of non-conformance.
- Maintains quality records as required.
- Monitor production personnel to ensure they perform work assignments according to quality
requirements, applicable standards, and approved procedures.
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd party quality representatives
- May coach employees in accordance with applicable specifications, and codes of construction
- May familiarize other personnel with applicable codes of construction
- May create ITP’s (Inspection and Test Plans), history dockets and other quality documents as required.
- May take part in quality reviews and audits Projects:
- Reviews project drawings, specifications, applicable codes of construction and ITP’s (Inspection and Test Plans)
- Considers individual project requirements as they relate to internal quality (1st Party), including:
documentation, material receiving, visual and dimensional inspections, NDE, product testing, etc.
- Considers individual project requirements as they relate to external quality (2nd Party – Customer), and (3rd Party – Authorized Inspection Agency), including: documentation review and sign-off, material reviews, visual and dimensional inspections, review of NDE performed, witness of product testing, etc.
- Performs and co-ordinates inspection and NDE activities in conjunction with shop production activities
- Reports daily indicators relating to quality goals, including: material defects, shop errors, repairs, etc.
- Co-ordinates with Production to best facilitate project schedules.
- Quality records are paper copies, film, or computer data base records which are capable of being produced in a hard copy format, and include, but are not limited to: Material Test Reports (MTR), Certificates of Compliance (C of C), Testing Reports, Heat Treatment Charts or Certificates, Inspection Reports, Examination Reports, Data Reports, Partial Data Reports, History Dockets, Inspection Test Plans (ITP’s), Non- Conformance Reports, Weld Maps, Welders Qualifications, Weld Procedures, Procedure Qualification Records, Work Procedures, NDE Procedures, Inspection Procedures, Drawings, Specifications, Bills of Materials, Design Calculations, Material Tabulation Records, Calibration Records, Nameplate Facsimiles, Photos, Rubbings, Radiographs,
|Apply | Tell A Friend