Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Director of Operations, Plastics Industry
Formal technical education in plastic molding and or equivalent life and work experiences required
|Duties / Responsibilities
REPORTING TO: VP Operations
FUNCTIONAL RELATIONS: Director of Finance, Director of Engineering, Director of Supply Chain, Director of Sales.
DIRECT REPORTS: Production Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisor, Quality Assurance Supervisor
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES: Responsible for co-coordinating activities of personnel involved in performing internal operations associated with Manufacturing. Responsible for developing, recommending and implementing operational policies and procedures. Ultimate goal is to assure customer satisfaction through efficient use of company resources to meet customer needs while maintaining and promoting the corporate goals and core values.
Responsible for co-coordinating activities of personnel involved in performing internal operations associated with Manufacturing. Responsible for developing, recommending and implementing operational policies and procedures. Ultimate goal is to assure customer satisfaction through efficient use of company resources to meet customer needs while maintaining and promoting the corporate goals and core values.
Summary of Duties, Responsibilities, Typical Activities and Assignments:
- Plan and deploy resources to meet or exceed the expectation of customers, employees and ownership
- Participates in formulating and administrating organization policies.
- Prepares and participates in Operational budget.
- Participates in developing long-range goals and objectives.
- Reviews analysis of activities, operational costs, and forecast data to determine department and company progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with Executive group to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from status and conditions.
- Serve as member of Executive Committees for special studies.
- Participates in corporate development analysis.
- Assures compliance of employees with established standard procedures and practice.
- Directs employee training to improve efficiency through the use of TWI practices.
- Confer with subordinate personnel to discuss operational issues or determine procedural changes.
- Monitor progress against plans as well as the external environment requirements and takes corrective action as required
- Evaluates, coaches and counsels subordinate staff
- Assures Company’s policies are met consistently and company assets are properly controlled and protected
- Ensures all applicable laws and regulations are met
- Sets example for and drives quality management in accordance with ISO procedures and utilizing the LEAN methodology of problem solving
- Sets examples for and drives safety and environmental management
- Ensures equal treatment of all employees and sets examples for and promotes diversity.
Qualifications Required: Formal technical education in plastic molding and or equivalent life and work experiences required
- Background of functioning in an ISO approved facility preferably with the added experience in LEAN manufacturing
- Demonstrated human relation skills to develop and motivate a diverse work force
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a manufacturing environment
- The incumbent must possess an unquestioned integrity and be willing and capable of leading and personally demonstrating the company value throughout the organization
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment
- Must be a strong proponent of change brought on by growth and be capable of leading the manufacturing staff through change
|Apply | Tell A Friend