Submit your resume in MS Word format. If you know of someone who may be interested in this position, please email the job description.
||Field Service Engineer, Mining
Bs. or Masters, Mechanical Engineering, P.Eng Preferred.
|Duties / Responsibilities
Field Service Engineer
My Client is seeking an ambitious self motivated Field Service Engineer to join their Mine Shaft Systems Team. Travel will be required throughout North America and parts of Latin America to both develop and deliver customer services related to mine hoists, shaft conveyances, rope attachments, sheaves, ore loading stations and other equipment used in underground mining. You will be joining a dynamic team of professionals and a World Class Company with a highly respected long and successful history in mining.
- Evaluate mine hoist and mine shaft equipment condition. Our scope encompasses the whole mine shaft hoisting system.
- Wright technical reports for customers including recommendations regarding necessary or beneficial equipment repairs, modifications, upgrades and modernization.
- Troubleshoot mine hoisting systems and recommend remedial actions.
- Conduct or supervise maintenance or repair activities.
- Conduct or supervise equipment installation, commissioning and start up activities.
- Conduct equipment inspections and tests and issue certifications.
- Sell and execute service contracts.
- Build and maintain a strong customer network.
- Work closely with the mine shaft system sales and engineering teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
Bachelor or Masters of Science Degree (Mechanical Engineering) and Professional Engineer Designation is preferred. As a minimum, will be deemed a “Competent Person” according to Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants in particular as it relates to Part X of the regulations.
The successful candidate will have several years of closely related work experience and deep knowledge of underground mining methods and processes related to vertical shaft mining.
The successful candidate will have a basic understanding of mine hoist plant control systems.
Travel: 50% to 70%
Anticipated Salary: Up to 90% with possible commission
|Apply | Tell A Friend